I am a quitter, I must say. It is so extremely difficult for me to stick to stuff I don’t readily enjoy. I enjoy riding my bicycle but I enjoy more staying in bed and reading novels. I do love animals enough to become a vegetarian but it takes so damn long to cook meatless dinners! I would love to learn to do the quickstep and I’ve always dreamed of playing the piano. But I fear that the piano might take too long to learn and I don’t have the dough to spend on dancing lessons.
Nevertheless I am determined. This year is the year of the new me. No more half assed attempts, no more no-can-do, no more excuses. No more rationalizations. If I want to learn how to play the piano then I won’t get myself the $120.00 pair of shoes but the $30.00 option instead (Eeek) I guess I could stop spending $60.00 on haircuts…sigh. I guess I can stick to my guns. I will see results. As God as my witness
No, I will not give in, damn it! Next year is the year. Next year I will:
- Write no matter what or how badly every single day.
- Show Dear Husband how much we love him.
- Take Zoey for longer walks.
- Finish the immigration paperwork.
- Become a vegetarian…or pesco-vegetarian since I am not giving up sushi (I don’t care how much PETA wants to call fish the kitties of the sea) and don’t quit just because of the holidays.
- Go bicycling with BT each weekend and exercise most days because she is getting married and I can’t let her down with her very important goal of losing 20 pounds before the wedding.
- Use the Rosetta Stone to learn French at least 4 times a week.
- Use my yet to be paid treadmill at least 3 times a week.
- Be a nicer person (I always miserably fail with that one)
- Volunteer at animal shelter (yes, sometimes they kill the animals, but stop being a pussy!)
- Learn to play piano or guitar or both.
- Try to
be nicer, be diplomatic, not to hang up on, don’t murdertolerate dad.
- Stop being such a smug, superior and snobby know-it-all.
- Read less and practice hobbies that involve other people aside from me.
- Get a hold of viper tongue.
So prepare yourself 2010! Come hail or high water, no matter how much my comfy blankets reel me in. No matter how much I want to eat a piece of meat, no matter how lazy I feel or how pissed off I am I vow I will get up and bike, I will not lay down for 6 hours straight and hole up with a book (too often), I will not eat cute cows, pretty piggies or charming chickens! I will be active, I will, if it kills me, swallow the meanness and be nice.
So help me God.